Monday 4 January 2010

The first day of Sophea's Kindergarden School

The time passed by so quick when thinking backward. My lovely daugther will be turning 3 years old soon in this upcoming February. Time has come for parents to make decision to start her school life. Like other parents, I have been doing online searching as well as asking friends about the good quality school and affordable school fee of both nursery schools and kindergardens. Thanks to my dearest helpful youngest sister, who acting as the second mommy in social and for official tasks ob my behalf, gave me hands to conduct field visit at each school as per my request.

A few schools which were in our consideration are Seametrey Children Village, Home of English, Golden Gate American School and Western International school. Taking into account of many difficulties such as time consuming and a burden of housework chores facing by my mother and my siblings, I have to constraint myself and lower down my requirement of perfectness. Since we both are away from home we could not demand much. However, everything has been going smoothly and perfectly as planned beyond our expectation. Finally, we have made a decision to select Western Internation School to be my daughter's first ever school. This choice was rather not quality-of-school based but a matter of closest and nearest distance to my residence. It was sounded abit funny to prioritise this factor but it is in fact crucially playing roles in making final decision.

The rationals behind were 1) safety in term of short distance commuting from school to home though it is by motorbike with my youngest sister, 2) school transportation was an inappropriate mean for 3-year old kid because we feel unsafe to let her get on and get off bus and stay alone in crowded but narrow area on bus, 3) this is still one of the well-known and best bilingual (Khmer and English) school for kindergarden, junior and senior high school level and the school fee is not cheap.

As planned, we were able to prepare and make her ready for school in this year 2010. My sister has sent her to WIS on Monday, Jan 04, this week to show her up for interview and to acquaint her with the real school and class environment so that she may be able to adopt herself easily in this environment. At first, the school affair staff thought to place her in a nursery school because she has never been in school before but after getting to know that she has been tought at home they decided to give a chance for her to be interviewed. After being asked a gretting questions such as Hello, How are you, and What is your name? together with picture pointing question for Tiger and Lion by a philipinno teacher. The teacher acclaimed that how a smart girl at this age! and lastly she was permitted to sit in kindergarden level 1.

The next day which is the first testing day has come. She got up and toke her bag ready to school. My mother, at the moment, felt reluctant to allow her alone to stay in class because she afraid that teacher's care is unlike her own care. However, we eventually could convince her and sent her to school this morning. My sister was very well managed the activity. She bought and put a small pack of paper bottle milk, cake and other of her favorite food in my daughter's school bag for her to eat during break time.

After keep watching Kon Tin for a while and learning that she is able to be independent with little support by teacher in class by herself, my sister toke opportunity to attend her class at IFL. Left her alone in class on the first day made her surprised in unfamilar surroundings. Kon Tin recalled that mommy, I was crying loudly loudly and long to shout for suy y but she was not there for me, she left me alone and kept me waiting so long, but I was not scare. My lovely daughter, you really performed so well more I expected, you are extremely smart, that is the best start for you little girl...mommy love you so much. Sorry na that mommy could not be there for you on your first day at school. Keep moving forward, mommy strongly belives in you. The next day is definitely going to be fine with you. You will enjoy there belively baby.

This is one of the special and noteworthy events of this 2010 for my daugther. Of couse, for me and my whole family too. It is heading positively and brightly through out the year 2010, thought. The year 2010 will bring us new resolutions to fulfil our dream and wish list in this year. May good health, good luck, happiness and success be with us ( all members of my families) forever!!!

No comments: